Keep your personal, company and client data secure when disposing of your end of life computers and electronics. Sensible Recycling is a full service local electronics recycling center, because not only will we recycle your computers and electronics; we will destroy your hard drives as well.
Reformatting your hard drives will not erase your data. In order to be completely sure your data is unrecoverable, your hard drives should be physically destroyed. By not taking the appropriate steps to secure your data on end of life electronics you dispose of, your information becomes vulnerable to data thieves.
- 84 million people were affected by medical identity theft in 2012
- Victims incurred a cumulative $12 billion out-of-pocket costs caused by medical identity theft
- Cost of a Healthcare record is $233 per lost record
- Average data breach costs $5.4 million per incident
- The US ranks 2nd for the greatest number of exposed or compromised records at 28,765
- On average, a malicious data breach takes 80 days to detect and over 123 days to resolve
Sensible Recycling offers secure hard drive shredding at no charge. Our data destruction is HIPAA compliant and we maintain a HIPAA compliance officer on staff. Once your data has been destroyed, we will also send you a serialized certificate of destruction. Let us be your choice for secure electronic data destruction. Find out more about our Data Destruction Services.
Sensible Recycling physically destroys your hard drives by shredding them into small 1/2″ or less pieces. The shredding process will completely, and utterly destroy all data on your drives. Sensible Recycling will ensure your electronic information is destroyed to HIPAA, HITECH, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and DoD 5220.22-M standards.